Saturday, June 1, 2013

40 Challenges for my 4th Decade

OOPS, I have just been corrected. My 5th decade, I don't like the sound of that at all. haha
My goal is to complete 40 tasks in my next decade of life. Ten years should be enough, right?

1. Promote and try to sell my paintings
2. See Aurora Borealis with my own eyes
3. Fly in a helicopter
4. Take the Orient Express
5. Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride
6. African Safari, preferably river, photo safari
7. River cruise themed (literary, gourmet, or wine)
8. Attend Bundesliga match or any football match.
9. Maintain my weight without using the "over 40" or "hormones" excuse
10. Take a street art tour in Berlin or Paris
11. Visit a souk in Marrakesh, cross the straight of Gibraltar, and watch flamenco in Seville (same trip)
12. Visit Eastern Europe
13. Visit a restaurant that is sign-less...secret...locals-only...hell, I will just be happy if Osteria would give us a reservation ;)
14. Write our/my will.
15. Watch a car race in Monte Carlo or Monaco
16.  Picnic at the horse races in ________.
17. Learn to surf at a surf camp
18. Learn to make galettes and buy a crepe smoother
19. Do a working farm stay for cheese, wine, olive oil, or any food I am passionate about.
20. Let more things go.
21. Live simply.
22. Maintain my yoga practice even if it's a solo practice at home.
23. Decide where to retire and purchase a home (Girona, Spain)
24. Hike the Pyrenees and visit Barcelona
25. Don a mask during Carnival.
26. Shop in the San Lorenzo Market in Florence
27. Buy new luggage.
28. See the spray-painted dome in Spain
29. Learn to Ballroom dance or Tango
30. Learn German
31. Read Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
32. Read Murder on the Orient Express a week before we board.
33. Visit the #1 tourist thing when traveling.  I usually avoid these, but it's embarrassing I have never been to the Louvre.
34.






No comments:

Post a Comment