Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top Ten Reasons I Love Kassel, Germany

1. The people are incredibly sincere, friendly, and honest.

2. The restaurants are wonderful, not world-class, but wunderbar.

3. Every morning when I leave the apartment, some form of city worker is out cleaning (street cleaners, sweepers, tram stops, or snow plowing).

4. There is no need for a car. Everything is accessible by tram, bikes, or  feet. I even found the tram stop by Dez, who knew?

5. I always feel safe and I don't have to worry about the safety of my family.

6. http://www.pralinenwerkstatt.de/

7. Berg Park, The Orangerie and the Fulda are lovely and close enough that weekends away to escape "city life" are completely unnecessary. With four lovely seasons, it is like visiting somewhere entirely different all through the year.

8. The city is crazy about recycling and reusing.

9. Kassel is in the middle of Europe.

10. Last, but definitely not least, the city picked up my Christmas tree right outside our front door. Hell yes, to any and all curb side services.


What do you love about your city?



No comments:

Post a Comment