Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Doppelganger Deutschland

Seriously. Tonight, I took my seat on the tram.  Directly in front of me, to my left sat Samuel Jackson and on my right sat Ernest Hemingway.  Surreal. Doppelgangers are everywhere.  First, I stared at Samuel trying to decide if it actually was the celebrity.  I searched for behavior that would indicate he was incognito or on the DL.  Nothing.  I was amused at Ernest but didn't bother staring because well, he's dead.  It couldn't be him.  By the beret with a tilt and the beard, it was obvious it was intentional, so I didn't want to feed his Ernest Ego. Then, I got it into my head they should look at each because they would both take first place at my next Halloween party.  I waited for "The Look"....the shock....the acknowledgement. It was playing out in my head beautifully. Again, nothing. They never looked at each other. Hmmmph.

Last month, I was so mesmerized by man who looked like Paul Newman I couldn't close my mouth.  Justin had to tell me to stop staring. I wanted to follow Paul's twin, but Justin wouldn't let me.  They had to be related...Paul's younger brother must live here in Kassel.  It's not only celebrity doppelgangers that haunt me here.  Yesterday, I saw a Jim Young look alike scraping ice off his car.  I actually back-tracked to double check.  It is crazy.  I am now a believer!

If you find me dead on the street, deep down inside you know what happened!  I saw my doppelganger and my heart stopped. :)

3 comments:

  1. I have just realized that the word itself is German. Doppel means duplicate and ganger can mean a course of events. Loosely, translated....a parallel universe! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM someone's doppleganger! A guy started to talk to me in Aldi and then looked at me and stopped. Creepy!

    ReplyDelete