Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Rocket

Imagine Target 20 years ago minus the clothing.  Or maybe, imagine a Walgreens/Target hybrid without clothing.  That's Mullers: cosmetics, housewares, toys, music, DVDs, and seasonal items.

I like to go through advertisements here because it helps me increase my vocabulary.  Imagine my surprise to see a selection of vibrators on sale at Mullers.  The US is so stuffy I got quite a kick out of it.  So, the next time I conference skyped with my dad, sister and brother in law.  I hurriedly giggled and said, "Oh, hee hee, I have to hurry and tell you something before mom gets home from church!" I described Mullers in general and then I called "earmuffs" and covered Colt's ears.  In telling my family about the ad, I chose my words carefully because he is about to start daycare.  I carefully used...erotic selection.  When I uncovered Colt's ears, his eyes got super big like he was in on the secret and he leaned towards the computer screen.  He said, "Papa, (gasp) a Rocket!" 

1 comment: