Monday, May 13, 2013

London's Calling!

I've never much cared for London. It's grey, usually raining, and the traffic and noise are too much.  I've always found the people a bit stand-offish.

But... this time I fell in love.  I love London. I am ready to make it my top girl trip destination and already looking into renting an apartment for a month next summer. Is it because the sun was out everyday?  Or because the flight was only an hour? Who knows? Maybe because everyone spoke English or because we didn't appear so out of place like we do in Kassel?

We stayed in a quiet borough called Mayfair.  Directly across from Hyde Park, we were walking distance to shops and trendy restaurants, but not in the middle of all the chaos.  Everyone was SO nice that even the postman stopped to say Hello to Colt in that fabulous British accent.  The service was even brilliant, so either London has changed completely or I never saw it for what it truly was....fabulous!

Here's our trip through the eyes of our three year old boy:

Car, airplane, Heathrow train to Paddington Station, London taxi, double decker sightseeing bus, London eye, ice cream and hotdog picnic in the park, restaurant toys, The Tube, Duck Tour (one of those amphibious car turns boat things), London taxi, airplane, another car and Kassel, Germany.

My first London cab








Floating down the Thames in a WW2 Amphibious vehicle


 
 





1 comment:

  1. You can see the beautiful view of London from london eye... Travel in cab heathrow to london eye

    ReplyDelete