Monday, October 22, 2012

Butt Naked

My son is an awesome sleeper.  Night time or naps we trained him from day one to sleep consistently.  If he hasn't fallen asleep in 30 minutes, there's a reason.  Normally, I tune out his chatter and ranting until the 30 minute mark. Lately, he just practices his German and talks about his day. Last night, I hear "Mom, mom, I'm soaked."  My ears perked up and 2 minutes later we were changing diapers and jammies because he had leaked out of his diaper some.  No harm, no foul.  Dry clothes, kisses and go don't let the bed bugs bite.

Today, 30 minutes into nap, he is still chattering.  As I head up the stairs he starts giggling, I'm sure you know what is coming next.  Naive as ever, I am shocked to find him shirtless.  WTH?  My tone immediately shifts to my stern deep voice because I am aggravated that he thinks this is amusing when he should be sleeping.  "Why is your shirt off?"  As I approach, he holds up his diaper and laughs more.  Me" WHY ARE YOU NAKED?"  Colt, " On, Off!"  Long deep breath, but still no smile. "If you want to practice taking your clothes on and off, that's fine.  But, not during nap time all by yourself. Do you understand?" 


Sigh, motherhood is frustrating, perplexing and always later amusing.  LOL

I much preferred this....

 
 
But he IS awfully cute naked! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment