Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vicariously through whom?

Hemmy: My mother-in-law is a BEAST.  A Beast I tell you.  (Big eyes through Big glasses)

J&N: Ah, yes, we know.  No one ever likes their MIL.  Always the joke. (haha)

Hemmy: No, reeeally.  She is 92. One time she ask me, 'do you think I will live to 100?'  Unfortunately, yes, yes, I know you will. (grimace....straight face)

Justin and I were both laughing hysterically.  Hemingway never cracked a smile. 

He looks just like the old man in UP.  But.  He is anything but grumpy and even more animated than his cartoon counterpart.  His passion for living is usually only found in youth.  Big, burly, and perpetually scruffy is putting it mildly. 

Here are a list of his passions:
Fishing in Alaska
Chopping wood
Drinking Beer
Adventure traveling


People read for different reasons. When Hemingway and I were first introduced, I was in high school.  Reading brought friends into my life that I couldn't find in real life, but desperately needed. I was fascinated with the Lost Generation from every perspective literature, art, drinking, etc.  It is miraculous really that I now find myself living next door to the character in all the books I used to love.  I moved right next door to my best friend from HS.  Amazing. I can't wait to challenge him to a boxing match! Even at 60, he will kick my ass!



No comments:

Post a Comment