Sunday, October 21, 2012

Is it really worth a thousand words?

Sundays here are a conundrum.  99 percent of the city is closed and more people are out and about than any other day of the week. Justin and I decided last Sunday that we better figure out what everyone does!  They window shop, spend time with family and simply meander about slowly. 

At the end of our street and accessible by tram is Schloss Wilhelmshoher, Lowenburg Castle, and Herkules Monument.  The surrounding parks and gardens around all three were our Sunday destination today.  We went for a little hike to enjoy the fall colors. I could bore you with a cheesy description comparing it to a million things, but today I brought a camera AND batteries.

Before we begin, none of these pictures do this park justice. It is something created only in dreams.

Our tram stop

 
The cute tram stop and the entrance to the gardens.

 
Schloss Wilhelmshoher - A Museum and Gallery



The view from the back of the museum!

 
The pond at the park.


 
Lowenburg Castle in the distance

 
The city of Kassel from the top of the hill.



So sorry I didn't get any pictures of the 4 waterfalls we saw or the swans.  It was a bit darker near the falls.  Next time we are there in the afternoon, I will try for better lighting.  I still can't believe I live in this city.  When it hits me, I will let you know!  Happy Sunday!

One more, just to prove we were there ;)

3 comments:

  1. Omgosh the pictures are GORGEOUS!!!!! I can only imagine what it is like in person! I love love love love love your blog Nicole! Thank you for sharing :) I have a feeling you are about to become my new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katye! I'm having a blast! It's nice to share my funny stories. :)

    ReplyDelete