Thursday, October 18, 2012

On the Tram

Yesterday, I was on the tram and stood up for my stop.  As I leaned over to get Colt, the tram came to a complete emergency brake stop to avoid hitting a car.  I went flying, literally.   At least, Colt didn't.  It did scare him though and I think we both may be slightly traumatized. I know, I am!

It's hard to be brave everyday! Today is one those days where don't want to leave the house because I don't feel like dealing with the uncertainty and hassle of not speaking German.  I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a bus because well, I kinda have. But alas, we have a chili party tonight and what choice does a girl have when she has to grocery shop.  Figuring out how to get my deposit back on my glass bottles was easier than I thought without the ability to speak Deutsche.  So grateful, someone had the foresight to put pictures on the Recycle Machine for Dummies.

 My goal for the week was two trips to the gym. My goal for the day was yoga, weights, grocer. So I did get my last bit of groceries, but I just didn't feel like conquering my first yoga class in German.  Think about it.  No one speaks ANY English at SheBody. Here is the list of stressful situations to arrive at yoga class to relax:  front desk check in, getting my child to the daycare center and settled, figuring out how the lockers lock and unlock, borrowing a mat, and then the class (which I think will be the easy part).

Maybe tomorrow when I don't feel like I've been run over by a tram, I will brave pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment